Where we have provided you with an English translation of the Japanese language version of a webpage, the translation is provided for your convenience only and the Japanese language version will govern the relationship between you and us. If there is any contradiction between the Japanese language version and the translation, the Japanese language version shall take precedence.
Established: March 25, 2005
Revised: April 1, 2017
Scope of application
This Policy sets forth policies concerning the handling of personal information and user web-browsing behavior information obtained by LIFULL Group (defined below) through services provided by LIFULL Group (“Services” hereinafter) or in connection with such Services. Such information concern customers, including general users of the Services (“Users” hereinafter) and LIFULL Group suppliers and business partners. Where separate individual privacy policies have been established or individual agreements have been concluded (“Individual Agreement” hereinafter), the corresponding terms and conditions of such individual agreements shall apply.
Definition of terms
As used in this Policy, the term "personal information" refers to information that can be used to identify a specific living individual using his or her name, address, telephone number, email address, place of employment, date of birth, or other information contained therein. Even if the individual cannot be identified using this information alone, the information is considered personal information if it can be referenced against other information easily to clearly identify the individual.
（2）User web-browsing behavior information
As used in this Policy, the term "user web-browsing behavior information" refers to information collected that can be provided to analyze customer interests and preferences. Such information includes records of the services used by customers, the advertisements they view, records of site use, IP addresses, location information, and device-specific identifying information. Such information cannot lead to identification of specific individuals.
As used in this Policy, "LIFULL Group" refers to LIFULL Co., Ltd. and its subsidiary Japanese corporations, excluding Renters Co. and Lifull FinTech Co., Ltd.
Collecting personal information
As described below, LIFULL Group collects personal information on its customers. Note that the following items are examples. The information collected by LIFULL Group is not restricted to those items alone. Additionally, depending on the specific content of information, some of the items listed below may not qualify as personal information because they cannot be used to identify specific individuals.
（1）Personal information on Users
- User names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, places of employment, and other contact information; dates of birth, gender, etc.
- Information on records of use of the Services in a state that such records are connected to identifying information on a specific individual
- IP addresses for computers used by Users, identifying information on mobile devices, and other information obtained mechanically when Users access servers managed by LIFULL Group
（2）Personal information on suppliers and business partners
- Names, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, sections and positions, transaction records, and other information concerning executives, employees, and other members of supplier or business-partner organizations
- IP addresses for computers used by suppliers and business partners and other information obtained mechanically when suppliers and business partners access servers managed by LIFULL Group
Handling of personal information
LIFULL Group will use personal information concerning customers collected by LIFULL Group within the scope of the purposes set forth below ("Purposes of use" hereinafter).
（1）Purposes of use
- To identify registered members during and after logging in and to automatically display registered member information on various pages when the customer uses a LIFULL Group service as a registered member
- To act as an intermediary or forward information to advertiser companies or organizations that provide information as requested by the customer
- To provide information or send surveys concerning the Services by e-mail (including e-mail newsletters), postal mail, telephone, or other means
- To accept applications for various promotional campaigns offered by LIFULL Group, to contact winners of sweepstakes, and to send giveaways and rewards
- For uses such as data analysis and extraction to enhance the quality of LIFULL Group’s services and advertising
- To personalize advertising for content viewed by customers based on customer personal attributes such as gender, age, place of residence, hobbies, and interests, records of the customer viewing of LIFULL Group websites, and records of customer use of LIFULL Group services
- To provide information, including advertisements, deemed beneficial to customers by LIFULL Group
- To respond to questions from customers
- For use as statistical data in a form that cannot be used to identify individuals
- To provide advertising, promotional information, and other information concerning LIFULL Group services
- For use in providing services to customers or other appropriate business activities other than the uses described under a-j above
- To carry out business activities under contract to third parties
- For provision to third parties who have contracted business activities to LIFULL Group within the scope necessary for performance of such contracted activities, in accordance with the stipulations under (2)g below.
（2）Provision to third parties
LIFULL Group may provide personal information to third parties outside LIFULL Group only in the cases set forth below.
- When required by laws or regulations
- When necessary to protect the life, body, or property of the customer or another customer (including employees of such customers) under conditions that render it difficult to obtain the customer’s consent
- When especially needed to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children under conditions that render it difficult to obtain the customer’s consent
- When necessary to help fulfill the obligations of a state institution, a local public body, or a party entrusted with such duties under conditions whereby obtaining the customer’s consent might hinder such efforts
- When disclosing or providing data containing personal information in a state that does not allow the identification of individuals
- g. When personal information is provided from a third party for purposes entrusted by the third party, subject to the following conditions:
- （1）Items of personal data provided to third parties: email addresses and behavior information concerning searching and website viewing
- （2）Method of provision to third parties: digital means, such as by email
- （3）If requested to do so by a customer, LIFULL Group will cease providing personal information identifying the customer to third parties.
In cases in which LIFULL Group has provided customer personal information to a third party as described under a-g above, the personal information will be subject to management by the third party from that point. Both LIFULL Group and the third party handle the customer personal information in compliance with their own policies on safeguarding personal information; neither party is liable for the other’s handling of personal information.
In the cases set forth below, LIFULL Group may use customer personal information jointly to the extent necessary to achieve the Purposes of use:
- The personal information subject to joint use shall be the same as that described under “Collecting personal information” above.
- The scope of joint users shall consist of LIFULL Co., Ltd. and the companies listed on the following webpage:
- The purposes of joint use shall be the same as the purposes listed under “Purposes of use” above, with “each joint user” in the “Purposes of use” replacing instances of “LIFULL Group.”
- LIFULL Co., Ltd. shall be responsible for joint use of personal information.
（4）Entrustment to third parties
LIFULL Group may entrust all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party.
（5）Contact point on handling of personal information
For inquiries concerning the management of personal information or to consult regarding the notification of purposes of use, disclosure, correction, or deletion of personal information, please contact:Information Desk on Personal Information Questions
LIFULL Co., Ltd.
1-4-4 Koujimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0083, Japan
User web-browsing behavior information
LIFULL Group collects and uses user web-browsing behavior information within the scope required for certain specific purposes of use. While such behavior information cannot be used in isolation to identify specific individuals, the information will be treated as personal information if it can be referenced against other information easily to identify specific individuals.
See the following page for details of the purposes of use of user web-browsing behavior information and other matters and for information on opting out of the collection of such information.
Amendment of this Policy
LIFULL Group may amend the content of this Policy at any time.
LIFULL Group sites with separate privacy policies