Establishment and Revision
Established: March 25, 2005; Revised: June 1, 2022
This English version is provided solely for reference purposes. Should there be any discrepancy between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version will take precedence.
Scope of Application
LIFULL Websites with Separate Privacy Policies
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
The LIFULL Group recognizes the importance of Personal Information. To ensure the protection of Personal Information, the LIFULL Group will comply with all laws concerning the protection of Personal Information, guidelines related to such laws and other applicable laws and regulations. Terms defined in such laws and regulations have the same meanings when used in this Policy.
Definition of Terms
The term "User(s)" as used in this Policy refers to any individual who uses the services operated by the LIFULL Group ("Services").
The term "Business Partner(s)" as used in this Policy refers to individuals who belong to corporations as well as sole proprietors of businesses that have business relationships with the LIFULL Group.
The term "Customer(s)" as used in this Policy refers to Users and Business Partners.
（4）Action History Information
The term “Action History Information” as used in this Policy refers to information that, through its accumulation, enables the LIFULL Group to analyze Customer interests and preferences and lacks the specificity needed to identify particular individuals. Examples of such information include a history of services used and advertisements viewed by Customers; histories of Customers’ activities on sites and IP addresses, location information and unique device identifiers.
The term “LIFULL Group” as used in this Policy refers to LIFULL Co., Ltd., and its subsidiaries in Japan.
Collection of Personal Information
The LIFULL Group may obtain the following types of Personal Information. Please note that the list below is not exhaustive and does not indicate all types of information the LIFULL Group may collect. This information may include items that are not regarded as Personal Information, because no particular individual can be identified on the basis of such information (“Information about an individual that cannot be easily cross-matched.”)
（1）Personal Information Concerning Users
- A User’s name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, place of employment, attribute information (age and family structure), location information, other contact information, day and year of birth, gender, login ID and password, etc.
- Information related to the User’s browsing history of the Service, call records (audio and video recordings), message information, information on business negotiations and contract status, etc.
- IP address used when a User’s device is connected to the internet, information that identifies the User’s mobile device (cookie ID, device ID, etc.) and other information automatically obtained when a User accesses a server managed by the LIFULL Group
（2）Personal Information Concerning Business Partners
- Information on officers and employees of a Business Partner, such as names, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, departments, positions and transaction history records, etc.
- IP address used when a Business Partner’s device is connected to the internet and other information automatically obtained when a Business Partner accesses a server managed by the LIFULL Group
（3）Information Contained in Public Documents, etc.
- Name(s), address(es), telephone number(s), fax number(s), email address(es), social network account(s), place(s) of work, other contact information and day and year of birth, etc.
Handling of Personal Information
The LIFULL Group will use Personal Information obtained within the scope of purposes described below (“Purposes of Use”).
（1）Purposes of Use
- To authenticate personal identification at and after login and automatically display member information on various screens when a Customer uses the Services as a registered member
- To forward a Customer’s application to an advertising corporation, organization or other source of information
- To furnish information and send questionnaires concerning the Services via email (including email newsletters), regular mail, telephone, short message services (SMS), apps, etc.
- To receive applications for campaigns offered by the LIFULL Group, notify prize winners and send gifts and gratuities
- To perform analyses, sampling, etc. to enhance the quality of Services and advertisements offered by the LIFULL Group
- To personalize advertisements placed in conjunction with content viewed by a Customer based on the customer’s gender, age, place of residence, hobbies, interests and other individual attributes; a history of the Customer’s visits to websites and apps operated by the LIFULL Group; a history of the Customer’s use of the Services etc.
- To furnish advertisements and other information the LIFULL Group deems useful to a Customer
- To respond to inquiries from Customers
- For use as statistical data in forms that do not enable identification of individuals
- To furnish advertisements and other information concerning the Services
- In addition to the purposes set forth in items a. to j. above, for use in providing services to a Customer and other appropriate business actions
- To perform services outsourced by a third party
- To provide services to a third party who outsources such services to the LIFULL Group in accordance with the provision of (2)g. below, but only to the extent necessary to render such services
- To provide to third parties in accordance with the provisions of (2) below.
（2）Provision to third parties
The LIFULL Group may provide personal information and Information about an individual that cannot be easily cross-matched to third parties in the following cases:
- The LIFULL Group may provide information regarding User browsing and cookie information obtained by the LIFULL Group through its websites and apps to marketing or real estate companies for marketing or advertising purposes of the LIFULL Group, real estate companies, etc.
- The LIFULL Group may provide hashed data of users' phone numbers and e-mail addresses obtained on the LIFULL Group's website and apps to advertising companies for marketing or advertising purposes of the LIFULL Group, real estate companies, etc. (The hashed data will be deleted immediately after it is used by advertising companies for data matching to deliver advertisements.)
- Such provision is required by laws or regulations
- Such provision is necessary to protect the life, health or property of any person under circumstances in which obtaining the Customer’s consent is difficult
- Such provision is essential to improve public health or promote healthy development of children under circumstances in which obtaining the Customer’s consent is difficult
- The acquisition of the Customer’s consent would be detrimental to the execution of administrative procedures provided for in laws by a national government agency, local government or contractor thereof when the LIFULL Group is required to cooperate for such execution
- Data containing personal information is disclosed or provided after processed into a form that does not enable identification of an individual
- The LIFULL Group undertakes services outsourced by a third party who provides the LIFULL Group with personal information for that purpose
- When data containing personal information is disclosed or provided to an academic research organization, etc., and such academic research organization, etc. needs to handle the data for academic research purposes (including cases where a part of the purpose of handling the data is for academic research purposes, but excluding cases where there is a risk of unjustified infringement on the rights and interests of individuals).
Regardless of the above items, the LIFULL Group may provide Personal Information to third parties other than the LIFULL Group for the following reasons:
In cases in which the LIFULL Group provides a third party with personal information under any of the subparagraphs items a. through i. above, the personal information is placed under the control of such third party upon such provision. Both the LIFULL Group and the third party shall handle Customers’ personal information in compliance with their respective privacy policies, and neither is responsible for the other party’s handling of personal information.
The LIFULL Group shares Personal Information to the extent necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use, as set forth below:
- The Personal Information shared is the same as that described in the “Collection of Personal Information” section above.
- The information is shared by LIFULL Co., Ltd., and the companies listed on the following page:
- The purposes of sharing this information are identical to the Purposes of Use set forth above, provided that “LIFULL Group” in the “Purposes of Use” statements shall be deemed replaced by “each joint User.”
- Responsibility for information sharing rests with LIFULL Co., Ltd.
（4）Outsourcing to a Third Party
The LIFULL Group may outsource the handling of Personal Information to third parties in whole or in part.
（5）Point of Contact for Inquiries about the Handling of Personal Information
The LIFULL Group shall manage Personal Information securely. If you have any inquiries concerning the management of Personal Information by the LIFULL Group or notifications of Purposes of Use, disclosure, correction, deletion, suspension of use or discontinuation of provision to third parties, please contact the department indicated below.
LIFULL Co., Ltd.
1-4-4, Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0083, Japan
Director and Chief Data Officer: YAMADA Takashi
Inquiry Form（Japanese Only）
Sensitive Personal Information
The LIFULL Group will not seek to obtain or provide sensitive Personal Information to third parties unless required by laws or the Customer’s consent has been obtained.
Action History Information
The LIFULL Group will obtain and use Action History Information within the scope of the specified Purposes of Use. The Action History Information itself does not enable identification of an individual. However, if it can be easily cross-matched with other pieces of information to identify a particular individual, it will be treated as Personal Information. Please see the following page for more information on Action History Information, including the Purposes of Use and rules for opting out:
The LIFULL Group hereby stipulates and announces the following handling of "Anonymized Information" as stipulated in the Personal Information Protection Law. The handling specific of each company of LIFULL Group will be announced separately by each company.
(1) Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations
The LIFULL Group will properly handle Anonymized Information in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations, as well as the Personal Information Protection Law Guidelines and other guidelines.
(2) Creation of Anonymized Information
The LIFULL Group will continuously create Anonymized Information for the following items, taking appropriate protective measures so that specific individuals cannot be identified and the personal information used to create the information cannot be restored.
Items about Individuals Included in Anonymized Information Time of inquiry, prefecture, city, age, gender, relationship to inquirer, search criteria, expected move-in date and comments
(3) Security Control Measures
The LIFULL Group shall take necessary and appropriate security control measures to prevent leaks, loss or damage in accordance with the standards set forth in the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Committee.
(4) Provision to third parties
The LIFULL Group will provide anonymized processed information to third parties for the purpose of analyzing the usage of the Service.
Items Included in Anonymized Information Provided to Third Parties Time of inquiry, prefecture, city, age, gender, relationship to inquirer, search criteria, expected move-in date and comments
Method of Provision Hand delivery or delivery by mail of memory media Sending an electronic file as an email attachment Hand delivery or delivery by mail of written documents
(5) Prohibition of Identification
In handling Anonymized Information, the LIFULL Group will not engage in any act that identifies the individual whose personal information is used to create the Anonymized Information, nor will it cross-check such Anonymized Information with other information.
The LIFULL Group hereby stipulates and publicly announces the handling of "Pseudonymized Information" as stipulated in the Personal Information Protection Law as follows. The handling of information specific to each company of LIFULL Group shall be announced separately by each company.
(1) Purpose of Use
To analyze and extract information to verify the effectiveness and improve the quality of services and advertisements provided by the LIFULL Group (including services and advertisements that the Group is considering providing in the future).
The LIFULL Group may revise this Policy at any time.