Shareholder Return Policy
The following is the explanation of the dividends and dividend policy. (As of December 2019)
Dividends per Share and Payout Ratios
|Fiscal Year Ended||FY2014/3||FY2015/3||FY2016/3||FY2017/3||FY2017/9||FY2018/9||FY2019/9|
|Dividend per Share (JPY)||Mid||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Payout Ratio (Consolidated)||20.0%||24.3%*2||20.0%||24.3%*3||20.0%||25.0%||25.0%*5|
- Due to the following stock splits, the previous fiscal year is calculated taking into account the impact of the splits.
The Company implemented a stock split at a ratio of three shares per share of common stock as the effective on January 1, 2014 and a stock split at a ratio of two shares per share of common stock effective on June 1, 2015.
- Due to the transition period to IFRS, the dividend payout ratio for the FY03/2015 was computed on the basis of net profit that excluded the “effects of NEXT’s acquisition of Trovit.” Thus, the resultant payout ratio was 24.3%.
- To commemorate the twentieth year since the founding of the Company, 1.00 yen was added to the regular dividend of 4.66 resulting in a payout rate of 24.3%.
- The Company changed the end of the fiscal year as of the fiscal year ended September 3, 2017. The fiscal year ended September 3, 2017 was an irregular six-month financial period which began on April 1, 2017 and ended on September 30, 2017.
- Dividends for the FY2019 have been calculated based on the number of issued shares as of the end of the period.
It is our prioritized corporate policy to realize even more sizable returns to shareholders, while placing emphasis on investments for future growth where continuous increase in profits is targeted as well as on retained earnings to strengthen the financial condition, through the proactive pursuit of businesses.
As established in the Mid-Term Business Plan, the basic dividend policy shall be that a variable amount shall be paid based on annual business results. Our payout ratio shall be 25% of consolidated net profit (starting from the fiscal year ended on September 31, 2018), and internal reserves shall be utilized for mid-term strategical investments.
Furthermore, should the LIFULL Group have negative results in a single year, it is possible that a dividend will not be paid.
|Reference Date||September 30|
|Payout Ratio||Approx. 25.0% of Consolidated Net Profit|
Treasury Shares Held
|Treasury Shares||74,505 shares|
|Ratio of Treasury to Outstanding Shares||0.06%|
Not currently provided.